1. The users are allowed to use the library resources inside the library
and they can borrow the library materials under the circulation rules.
users are not allowed to put the books on the shelves. The staff will arrange
the books on the shelves.
3.If a book is out on loan the user can reserve
4. Costly materials like CDs, dongles and multimedia can be borrowed
after signing a form and the borrower will be responsible for such
5.The borrower will be responsible for the borrowed
6.The borrower should read the library circulation rules.
User must not to write anything on the book.
8. A book may be renewed only
once before due date provided the book in question is not in demand by other
9.The borrower should return the book before the due date if asked.
10.All books must be be returned before the end of the semester or before
the start of the vacation.
11. Some books can be issued to a chairman for
long duration to develop course material or curriculum.
12. The Librarian can
borrow the library materials.
13. A company employee can borrow books if he
has permission from his company.
14. Books may be borrowed as follows
The borrower can renew the books or library materials in three ways if
the material is not overdue :
1. Come to the library for renewal.
the circulation desk.
3. By email to the library or directly through the
intranet using the library system.
Library materials that cannot be borrowed
by the students :
1. Reference books like dictionaries, encyclopedias,
2. Non-print materials like CDs, DVDs, videotapes etc.
4. Reserved Books
5. Text Books
The library organises a book reservation scheme. The reservation forms
1. A teacher can reserve books for his students and these
books will not be issued.
2. Librarian can also reserve the book if it is
3. The reserved books can be issued only in two ways :
reserved book can be issued inside the library for a maximum of 2 hours by the
users. The Librarian will decide the time of the issue if there is rush for the
II.The reserved book can be issued one hour before closing time
and the borrower will have to return the same next day before 8 A.M.
1.If a borrower is late in returning books or any materials, then the
software will calculate the fine :
1. SR 1 per day up to 90 days.
borrower will not be allowed to borrow books if he is late more than one
3. If the borrower is late for 3 months then the book will be
considered as lost and borrower will have to pay twice the cost of the
4.If the borrowed book is required by the library then the library can
ask for the return of the book. If the borrower does not return the book and if
this happens twice then his membership of the library may be cancelled for one
5. If the borrower is late three times, then his membership may be
cancelled for one semester.
6. If the book is required by the library and the
library asks for its return but the borrower does not return it then he will be
fined SR 2 per day.
LOST OR DAMAGED
1.If a book is damaged or lost, then the borrower should bring a new copy
of the same book or should pay twice the cost of the book and 25% extra
2.If the borrower does not pay then the amount will be
deducted from his salary.
RULES FOR DUE
1. A first reminder will be sent to the users.
2.After one week a
second reminder will be sent.
3. After one week more a third reminder will be
sent to the chairman of the department concerned for staff and to the advisor
for students. If the borrower still does not return the book then the amount
will be deducted from his salary.
4.When the money is received it will be
recorded in the system and the book will be deleted from the system.
Staff, students, trainees etc. will take clearance from the library when
finally leaving the college.
Study Room, Internet Lab., Multimedia Room, Class Room, will be
allotted as follows:
1. A Study room can be reserved by filling the form and
stating the usage duration.
2. A study room should be used for study and
group study only.
3. The study rooms are for students, teachers, individuals
4. The Multimedia room/Internet Lab can be reserved by teachers
5.The person in the study room will be responsible for everything
inside the room.
6.If there is any damage or problem, then the user will have
to pay the charges and he will not be allowed to use the room in
7.The employee will open the room to the users. When leaving the room
the user should ask the employee to check & close the room.
1. The users are requested to observe the opening and closing hours of
2. The library furniture, tools, books etc. should not be
3. Drinks and eatables are not allowed in the library. Using mobile
phones is not permitted inside the library. Users in sleeping dress are not
allowed to enter the library.
4. All users should follow the rules and
regulations. If a student does not follow the rules, then his name may be sent
to the Disciplinary Committee.
Copyright © 2014 JIC All rights reserved