The Preparatory Year program aims at preparing students to join the technical and business specialization courses.
- A student must successfully complete the Preparatory Year course as specified by the academic departments and the College Council.
- A student shall be dismissed from the college if he obtains F grade or (ON) status in two successive semesters in English or mathematics courses or both in the Preparatory Year.
- If a student obtains (D) grade in English I, he must obtain (C) grade in English 11 as a minimum, but if he obtains (C) grade in English I and (D) grade in English 11, the later will be considered as a pass grade for English 11.
- If a student obtains (D) grade in both English I and English 11, he will be required to repeat English 11 only in order to obtain (C) grade. If he fails to obtain (C) grade, he will be dismissed from the college.
- (D) grade will be considered as a pass grade for Mathematics.
- A student who fails any Preparatory Year courses, other than English or Mathematics, will be allowed to repeat them while studying the specialization courses. The period specified for these courses should be taken in consideration and they shall be given priority in registration.
- A student may be exempted from the English Courses (1&11) or from the Computer Course, if he satisfies the exemption requirements of these courses.
Changing the Academic Stream
A Preparatory Year student has the right to change his academic stream from technical to business upon a recommendation from the College Deputy of Students Affairs. A student, who completed the scientific branch of secondary school, has the right to change his academic stream from business stream to technical stream after successfully completing the first semester of the Preparatory Year with a GPA of (2.50) out of (4.00) provided that a student should not have a disability such as color blindness, be overweight or too short, or have any other disability.
Exemption from a Preparatory Year Course
A student may be exempted from The English Courses (1&11) or from the Computer Course according to the following procedures:
- A student who obtains at least 80 % in the English Placement Test has the right to take the Exemption Test for English I. And he will be exempted if he gets at least 70 % and it will be considered as the mark for this course.
- A student who obtains at least 80% in English I Exemption Test has the right to take the English 11 Exemption Test. and he will be exempted if he gets at least 70 % and it will be considered as the mark for this course.
- A student who obtains at least 70 % in the Computer Exemption Test will be exempted from studying this course and the mark he gets in the test will be considered as the mark for this course.