The Faculty Development Unit (FDU) fosters the development of the JIC faculty by supporting teaching, scholarly and service activities. The FDU is dedicated to fostering a vibrant and intellectual community by promoting activities that improve education. It also serves to enhance faculty member's lives in all phases of their careers, connecting faculty as well as with resources for innovation and renewal.
Specific goals Include:
- Promote the retention of our faculty
- Strengthen interdisciplinary teamwork and teaching activities
- Support faculty productivity in scholarly activities related to teaching and learning
- Guide faculty and programs in meeting the assessment requirements for specialized and college accreditation
- Highlight recognition of faculty excellence
- Motivate Faculty
- Inter-department collaboration
To achieve these goals, the FDU will collaborate with faculty and other academic and service units
- Present workshops, seminars and programs that promote excellence in teaching assessment, scholarship and creativity
- Promote best practices for enhancing teaching and learning with technology
Procedure and Forms
The necessary ISO forms have to be completed correctly to request the faculty development activities.